Get the Most Enjoyment You Can from Your Outdoor Spaces and Share With The People You Love Most
Another beautiful St. Louis summer begins to wind down, now is the time to take full advantage of your landscape, and begin to prepare it for fall as well. Environmental Landscaping is your industry leading St. Louis landscape professionals, assisting you with creating your perfect outdoor spaces on your property from earliest concept/consultation, landscape layout and design planning, plant installation and patio, walkway, sprinkler system, lighting, deck, water feature and gazebo/arbor installations, to lawn care afterwards – to create and maintain the most beautiful and creative outdoor space for your home that you can possibly dream up.
And as your premier landscaping specialist in Chesterfield, Wildwood and Ballwin – in addition to the entire St Louis and Illinois metro east areas – here are some additional landscaping and lawn and garden tips to keep your outdoor spaces looking great at this time of year:
- Now is a fantastic time to decorate your home with your garden. Pick fresh flowers for indoors. This will also encourage more blooms on most perennials, and maximize your enjoyment of all your hard work thus far this year. And what a quick and easy way to brighten the days of your great friends, neighbors and beloved family – pick your most beautiful flowers to share with them!
- Remember to clean up after your plants. Continue to weed flower beds. Remove faded blooms.
- Keep the soil of your garden moist by watering twice a day, but do not drown your plants. You want to lightly nurture them with a sprinkler hose, not a hard pressure hose.
- For your herb garden, gather herbs for drying as they mature. Pinch the stems of basil regularly to prevent flowering. Harvest about once a week.
- Though we have had a fairly wet summer here in St. Louis, you still want to take care of your lawn after many of these hot days in June and July. Make sure to feed lawns with a slow-acting fertilizer and cut your lawn and trim the edges regularly. Watch out for yellow patches or poor growth, and increase watering if you notice any of these signs.
- Remember to order you peony roots because September is peony planting time. You should have peonies in the ground about a month before the average first frost date. In St. Louis, St. Charles, Belleville and all areas in between, the average winter frost dates are from October 17 through April 12. It is practically a guarantee we will not have our first frost prior to October 2.
- Be sure to watch for insect, slug and snail, or disease damage throughout the garden, and take the necessary steps to control the problem.
With tips and more that we can provide you, you’ll enjoy a green, beautiful lawn and landscaping even in the heat of summertime. And we are getting close to preparation for the fall season, with more tips on the way!
Environmental Landscaping provides lawn care and landscape services to the entire St. Louis city and county area, in places Chesterfield, Ballwin, Wildwood, Creve Coeur, Webster Groves, Glendale, Rock Hill, Richmond Heights and Afton…and everywhere in between!
Call us today 636-225-3848 to learn more about the services we provide, and to schedule a time for us to come out to take a look and give you our professional opinion!
Or you can always get through to us by visiting our Contact Us page and sharing some of the details up front.
Tory Catanzaro, Owner – Environmental Landscaping